Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sunday Morning

I really Love breakfast
I love waking up slowly, drinking too much tea and creating something really yummy to eat
Today we got to sleep in ...I can't remember the last time I got to do this...it felt really good and I think I really needed it.  Bodo always wants Pancakes like EVERY morning of his life
SO BOring ...totally a creature of habit ...he sorta gets that from me I guess
BUT this morning I changed it up just a lil bit and made him waffles with a recipe I found the other night  at the library in a Cooks Illustrated mag ...supposto take some of the work out of making waffles...the claim is that you use fizzy water instead of wipping your egg whites to creat puffy yummy waffles...They turned out great..I ACTually did not have fizzy water so I used left over Root beer from the saturday night Bodo Root Beer floats .....Yes ..he is totally spoiled rotten
here is the recipe:

Bodee Boy DDMW Buttermilk Root Beer Waffles:
  • 2 Cups Flour
  • 1 TBSP Sugar
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 Cup Dried Buttermilk
  • 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
  • 1/2 Cup Sour Cream (I used Greek Yogurt)
  • 2 Lrg Eggs
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 Cup Veg Oil
  • 1 1/4 Cup Unflavored seltzer water (ROOT BEER)
In a large Bowl Wisk your flour, sugar, salt, B milk Powder & baking Soda together.
In Another Bowl wisk sour cream, vanilla, oil, and Eggs gently stir in root beer.
CREate a well in your dry ingredients and add your wet
Stir just enough to combine
Make waffles :) The pics are very Boring Bodo doesnt love anything in his waffles or pancakes totally boring but he eats it all up!






Next My Breakfast ...
Wait..... you didnt think I would eat waffles did you! ....
yikes get real where are the vegetables in waffles???? ....
cardinal Rule VEggies with with every meal
So my breakfast is 1 Whole egg with 2 Egg whites ...1/4 Cup Oatmeal with Huckle berries and pumkin seeds, Stevia Ketchup, Steamed Kale, and A Large glorious cup of Black tea WITH Skim milk ...after all it is Sunday a girl deserves Milk in tea on sunday 

No comments:

Post a Comment