Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Garbonzo, Brown Rice, Sprouted Mung Bean, Red Curry Salad

THis was a bit of a creation and was a few days in the making ....I wanted to make something that was super healthy
some crazy prep that you actually don't have to do ....
I went to purchase Garbonzo beans and realized after reading the ingredients list that a can of beans actually contains a lot of preservatives ...I don't want to feed this to my kid or me for that matter so I decided I would try to start making an effort to soak and cook my own beans ...so I did
this inspired me to soak and sprout some Mung beans as well
MUNG beans are awesome by the way

Next crazy prep step:
I added a couple of nice chunks of Dulse Sea Weed to the rice water before cooking it this adds to the nutritional value of the rice you can pluck them out after the rice is done but I don't mind the added color or taste at all so I leave em in.

SO when all of these things were in my fridge I was ready to throw the salad together
I also added

  • Cherry Tomatoes slices in half 
  • Green Onions
  • Toasted sesame seeds
  • 2 tsp Peanut Oil 
  • 1 tsp Red Curry paste
  • 2 Tbsp Braggs Soy 
Just add all the ingredients together and give it a good stir ....I had this on its own as a but of a side dish
I also added some Tuna and had it for my lunch at work 
I ALSO added some spinach leaves and a bit of cooked Red Snapper for a dinner meal 
very yummy and very versatile :)

PICTURE is somewhat what my dish looked like so it might lead you to be inspired to make it .....

No comments:

Post a Comment