Wednesday, July 20, 2011

BLueberry Crumb Bars

This is another one of those recipes that does not belong on a figure girl blog
BUT I love to bake
To be honest I sometimes don't even taste these yummy things I make for the people I love
maybe some day I will get over that
I made these Bars for a concession for a friend.  Managed to make enough to give my parents a taste too.  They went over so well I found myself making Blackberry crumb bars the next week:)
These are easier to cut once chilled and store best in the fridge.
Ingredients:
1 Cup Sugar
1 tsp baking powder
3 Cups all Purpose Flour
1 Cup Cold unsalted Butter
1 Egg
1/4 tsp salt

Zest and Juice of One Lemon 
4 Cups Fresh Blueberries
4 tsp Corn Starch
  1. Preheat Oven to 375.  Grease a 9x13 " Pan.
  2. In a medium bowl stir together 1 Cup Sugar, 3 Cups Flour, and Baking Powder.  Mix in salt and Lemon Zest. Use a fork or a pastry cutter to blend in the butter and egg.  Dough will be crumbly.  Pat 1/2 of dough into pan.
  3. In another bowl stir together sugar, corn starch and lemon juice.  Gently mix in the blueberries.  Sprinkle the blueberry mixture evenly over crust.  Crumble remaining dough over the berry layer.
  4. Bake in preheated oven for about 45 mins or unitl the top is lightly brown.  Cool completely before cutting into squares.
ENJOY!










No comments:

Post a Comment