Pretty sure pizza is on almost everyones list of foods they love...but rationally know its not the best everyday meal choice. So when you would rather choose staying on track with your training goals choose this easy thin crust pizza :)
- Olive Oil cooking spray
- Ground sirloin or extra lean ground beef
- OR my choice cooked chicken breast
- Onion (diced small)
- Red Pepper (diced small)
- Garlic (minced)
- Tomato (small diced)
- BBQ Sauce ....or with my fav chicken pizza I use a chunky diced roma tomato sauce
- Whole Wheat Tortilla
- Pineapple (tidbits or chopped)
- Aged White Cheddar or a low fat mozza
- ALSO add any other toppings you love we like Pickled Banana Peppers, Spinach or Basil leaves
Method: Preheat oven to 400. Preheat a non stick frying pan on medium heat. Lightly coat with spray, add the ground meat and season with salt & pepper. Saute the beef until lightly browned and cooled all the way through. Add onions, peppers, and garlic and sauté for 1 more minute. Add the Tomato and BBQ sauce (or chunky tomato sauce) stir until combined then remove from heat.
Lightly coat a baking sheet with spray and place the tortilla shell on the tray. Spread the beef (or chicken) and veggie mixture evenly on shell, leaving the outside half inch for the crust. Top with Pineapple, banana peppers, and cheese.
Place in oven. Bake until cheese is melted and shell is nicely toasted (about 10 minutes)