Saturday, May 26, 2012

Quinoa Almond Cookies:



I love Veggies
I love healthy food
I love eating clean!!!
I sorta might be obsessed with it
BUT I have a weakness for two things
Fruit Juice Gummy Bears (Awesome)
and a really good peanut butter cookie
SO
most of the time if I really want a treat those are the top things that I really want
to try and fill this need with a healthy alternative I have started experimenting
I began making a  healthy almond rice flour cooky
I make them (tiny cute ones) and then I freeze them
I actually think they are pretty clean cookies
and
I think they are good
they definetly fill my nutty carb cookie craving
and I will often cut the Carb out of my meal
just so I can have one (or two cause they are cute and small remember) with my after dinner tea

Sometimes when I invent something that I think is super fabulous and treaty
my Gregory has to remind me that it is only "Asia Girl' yummy ...that regulars would consider it less than worthy
It is often VERY hard for me to tell

Maybe someone could make these and tell me what you think???

Pre heat oven to 350

Ingredients:

  1. 1/3 Cup rice flour
  2. 1 tsp baking powder
  3. 1/2 tsp baking soda
  4. 1 tsp cinnamon 
  5. Pinch salt
  6. 1/2 Cup Organic Almond butter
  7. 1/2 Cup egg white
  8. 1 Cup Cooked Quinoa 
  9. 3 Good Squirts of Liquid Stevia or 1 Tbsp of pure Maple syrup 
  10. 1 tsp vanilla extract 
In a small bowl combine 1, 2, 3, 4, & 5
In a Medium sized bowl combine 6 & 7 mix with a wooden spoon till combined and smooth 
add 8, 9 & 10 stir to combine again.  

Add your small bowl of dry ingredients to the wet stuff.
Mix with your wooden spoon till combined 
Drop onto cookie sheet by the teaspoon full 
they are sticky so I use two teaspoons one to measure and the other to scoop it from spoon to cooky sheet.

Bake for 12-15 mins 

These are still a work in progress. 
I just added Quinoa to the batch tonight for something fun being Saturday evening and all 
I just felt like acting crazy!!! 
I usually just use rice flour 
I like the crumbly texture 
sort a like a real peanie butter cookie 
sorta...

Enjoy !
Love Asia Girl


No comments:

Post a Comment