Saturday, November 3, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Tea Heaven!


TELL ME you have a can of pumpkin puree left over from Thanksgiving in your pantry to try this recipe right now!!!
I am actually that person that hasn't had a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks before
Turned off by the price (sorry big time el cheapo over here)
And never able to accept the calorie value...like if I am going to have mega calories I want food man NOT a beverage 
The ingredients I had in my kitchen 
I modified it to have water and a little bit of milk plus Stevia instead of maple syrup to sweeten 
SO Happy!



Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
  • 2 tablespoons maple syrup (I used Stevia)
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1/8 teaspoon allspice
  • 1/8 teaspoon ginger
  • 2 cups milk of your choosing (I used 1/4 cup 1% and the rest water)
  • 2 bags of black tea
NOTE:  If you don't have all these spices kicking around but you DO have some Chai spice tea in your cupboard you can use this instead and it works nicely :)

Directions:
  1. In a small saucepan, bring all the ingredients, except for the tea bags, to a boil over medium heat. Remove the saucepan from the heat, add the tea bags, and let the tea bags steep for 3 minutes. Sprinkle with some cinnamon before serving if desired.
XOXO 
AShie Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment