Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Marinated Mushrooms



Christmas Snack PLATE
In my Family our Christmas table is always covered with Special Cheese, oysters, crackers, smoked Salmon, hot pickled beans and SO many good things to slowly graze on throughout the day
I am missing my family this Christmas
But will see them soon when they come to visit me at my new home later this week
So I prepare snacks for my table for when they arrive
one of the things I made is Marinated mushrooms
These are super easy to make and are crazy good ...you can dream up all sorts of ways to use them
Toss them in a salad, use them on quick tortilla pizza's or just stack in a cracker with cheese and other goodness.
I scooped this recipe from Penny
an incredible cook
a fabulous Grandmother

Marinated Mushrooms

1 Lb Fresh Medium sized Mushrooms
1 1/2 Cups Water
1 1/2 Cups Cider Vinegar (or 1/2 white and 1/2 Cider)
Pickling Spice
1 Hot Dried Red Pepper
2 1/2 tsp Olive Oil (I use less)
1/4 tsp Basil (crushed)
1/4 tsp Oregano (crushed)
1/4 tsp Chopped Fresh Parsley (No stems!)
2 Cloves Garlic, minced
Pinch of Thyme
Salt & Pepper

Make:

Wash mushrooms & trim stems.  Put into Large pot with Water and Vinegar.
Put your Pickling spice into a cheesecloth tie with cooking twine add to pot
Bring to a boil...let bubble away for 5 mins then turn off heat, cover and let sit for 1-2 Hours
Drain, Rinse, and pat dry with paper towel.  Put in Jar or bowl toss with olive oil, Garlic, Herbs and Salt & Pepper.  CHILL.  Keeps well in fridge for a long time!
Enjoy
xoxo
Aishie Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment