Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Nut Free Grain Free Sugar Free Muffins



Can this really be right?
Yes ...yes it can
The recipe I modified used coconut flour which I think would give you more of a cupcake
might be pretty yummy!
Right now
I am trying to take gluten out of my diet to see how my body reacts
sort of started out with wondering if Candida was a problem
Then just thinking that a break from Rice, Carrots, Oatmeal, and Fruit (sugar) might be a good idea
So far I can tell you it sucks
I have a weird rash on my chin
My tummy is in a bit of turmoil...but seems better every day
I think I am a pretty healthy eater and I guess it is hard to say that my body is reacting this way just because of the few things I have eliminated
But I can't help but think my body is detoxing
On the plus side my craving for Sugar and carbs have gone away
I think I usually balance these cravings by mostly choosing healthy alternatives
BUT I would often find myself really wanting to binge on big bag of pretty orange carrots or a crunchy stack of organic brown rice cakes...like I said I think these are healthy foods ...but it never really made me feel very well
I do think that the sugar ratio of carrots is often somewhat exaggerated
but if you eat enough of them....
anyways
I think I am feeling a lot better
the thing is thinking that maybe I will have to stick to eating this way
I mean ....I am already sort of a food freak among my peers
(ahhhemm sort-of haha)

Here is a recipe for lovely Zucchini Muffins
They made me happy
Without making my tummy crappy
Pretty with earl Grey tea
OH I also considered giving up tea
caffeine is not the greatest thing for us
SO THAT didn't work at all ....Not ready to give up my Lady Grey
One torture at a time

Muffins:
1/2 Cup Quinoa Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
1/2 Cup Zucchini, peeled (I used about 1/2 Medium sized Zuc)
6 Stevia Tabs
1 TBSP Vanilla
2 Large Eggs
1/3 Cup liquid Egg Whites

Method:
Pre-heat Oven to 350 degreesPut all the Goodies into your blender Blend until smooth pour into muffin cups Bake 20 minutes

 Vanilla Frosting:
Greek Yogurt
Stevia to taste
Vanilla Extract...I used about 1/2 tsp

Enjoy xoxo

Ashie Girl









No comments:

Post a Comment