Monday, August 5, 2013

Almond Butter Zucchini Cookies


A Visit to Quadra in August = Zucchini
Now what to cook!
How about Cookies?
I usually make some healthy 'cookies' for my lunch
I don't want butter
I don't want sugar
I don't even want flour
I just want something a little bit sweet to go with a cup of tea sometimes
Is that too much to ask?
Of Course not!
My cookies usually include rice flour, egg whites and stevia
Pretty standard
But since I had Zucchini
and Zucchini bread is super fabulous
why not throw some in the mix
Here is the invented Recipe
If you make some you COULD throw a few raisins or Choc chips
maybe some nuts or things that you think 'MAKE' a cookie
I think for some people having some chocolate chips in a healthy cookie bring happiness
Feeling satisfied with your food is huge
Being on a Diet forever....not realistic
Making healthy changes to the way you eat should not be something that lasts a few weeks or months while you get 'bikini body ready'
This is just silly
You sort of need to find a way to eat healthfully....and that is just the way you always eat
Eating mostly healthy but eating the things you love too
This is how I would like to live
AND
This is how I would like my kid to understand how healthy eating works too
That feels right

*Pre Heat Oven to 400 Degrees*

COOKIES
1/2 cup Almond Butter
1/4 Cup Hot water
4-5 squirts liquid Stevia
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 Cup Liquid Egg whites
2 Cups Grated Zucchini

1 Cup Rice Flour (you could use oat flour, spelt flour for fun)
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Cinnamon

Method:
In a large Bowl mix almond butter with hot water until combined.  Add the remaining wet ingredients in order listed.
In another bowl whisk together the dry ingredients.
Add Dry to wet

Spoon onto silicone lined cookie sheet with tea spoon.
Bake in Oven 20 minutes
Cool
Enjoy!!!
xoxo
Ashie Girl



No comments:

Post a Comment