Friday, October 4, 2013

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies


I like Cookies
But as most people I have a standards that I think a cookie should be
Some people want a soft chewy cookie
But when I think about an oatmeal raisin cookie I think it should have a crunch
I think it should not be too sweet
Something that could be eaten for breakfast or in between meals when you need something to dunk in tea.
I am constantly on the hunt for this cookie
I think that is why you will see many cookie recipes on my site
So here is another
This cookie is Gluten free (ensuring you have gluten free oatmeal)
This cookie is sugar free ...well it uses fruit for sugar ...still sugar but I guess what I mean is no processed sugar
aaaaand no this cookie does not have butter in it....Almond butter instead
This is a wholesome cookie
I guess I feel like I need to warn you or something
This cookie is going to be crunchy, yummy and crumbly, and not really sweet
But in my books this is exactly the cookie I want mid afternoon with my tea
I hope you like them and give them a try
always open to putting your own spin on the ingredients

Gluten Free Oatmeal Cookies

1 Cup toasted Walnuts
1 Cup Oats
2 Cups Oat Flour (you can use spelt, rice or any of your favourite type of gluten free flour)
1 Cup dates & 1/2 Cup water
2 Tbsp almond milk
2 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 Tbsp almond butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 Cup raisins

Pre Heat Oven to 350 degrees

Toast your walnuts in oven or on stove top careful not to burn!  Watch them closely as soon as the oils start coming out and they smell fragrant they are pretty much done.
After toasted cool then pulse in your food processor until they resemble a fine chop

In a large Bowl mix Flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and your lovely toasted walnuts.

Back to your food processor.  Add dates, almond butter, vanilla, almond milk, and water.  Process until it becomes a syrup like consistency.
Next add to dry ingredients.  you might need to use your hands to really combine this.  The mixture may seem crumbly so add a bit more water if needed.  Lastly fold in your raisins.
Again using your hands shape your cookies into a relatively thin cookie
Place onto parchment lined (or using silicone mat) cookie sheet
Bake 10-15 minutes
Cool on wire rack

Enjoy

xoxo
Ashie Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment