Friday, December 27, 2013

Miso soup



After a wonderful Christmas I was feeling like a reset button Was in order
This soup brings warmth and a good dose of veggies that I think most of us might be craving
My sister and I quickly discussed by text this morning how her sweat at her yoga practice would likely taste of chocolate as a result of a good Christmas chocolate binge.
I took these words with me as I walked to our mailbox in the brilliant sunshine
I unabashedly busted out a few sun salutations on the sidewalk
Boden is convinced his mother is nuts
At least entertaining
Enjoy the soup
I hope u all have a lil sunshine, some sun salutations, and some laughter in your day
Xoxo
Ashie Girl







Miso Tahini Soup
Serves 4

1 small-medium delicata squash (or other winter squash), seeded and sliced into 1/4" crescents
1 medium white turnip, peeled and cut into 3/4" pieces
4 Cups water
4 tbsp white miso, or to taste (darker miso is stronger/saltier gradually add to taste)
1/4 cup tahini
Zest of 1 lemon
 
3 cups of cooked brown rice
Bunch of green onions, sliced
Toasted nori, cut into strips or squares
Toasted sesame seeds

Add squash and turnips to a large pot, cover with the four cups of water.  Bring to a gentle boil.  Simmer until tender, about 15 minutes.  Remove pot from heat and let cool slighltly.  Pour a few tablespoons of the hot water into a small bowl and whisk in the miso and tahini.  This thins the miso and tahini out and results in no clumping.  Stir in the thinned miso back into the pot along with the lemon zest.

To serve, place. Generous scoop of rice in each bowl along with some the squash and turnip.  Ladle broth over veggies, finish with a few sprinkles of green onions or chives, toasted nori, and some sesame seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment