I made these while looking for a way to incorporate more fiber into my diet. I like baked goods but am extra picky since I want my food to be as natural and healthy as possible.
These muffito's are made with whole ingredients. The grape nuts are a store bought item... but for the added benefits of the fiber I think it is a good add.
1 cup Grape-nuts
1/2 cup Rolled oats
1 1/4 c Almond milk
1 Flax Egg
1/2 cup Applesauce
1/4 cup Maple Syrup
2 TBS melted Coconut Oil
1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1 TBS Baking Powder
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Salt
1 cup Blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Make Flax Egg: Mix 1 TBSP ground flax with 2.5 TBSP water. Let sit 3 min's.
3. Combine Almond Milk, Grape-nuts, and Oats. Let sit 3 min.
4. Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt into cereal mix.
5. Add Maple Syrup and melted Coconut oil to your Flax Egg.
5. Stir wet mixture into flour mix. Stir until combined. Fold in the berries.
6. Line muffin tins with *silicone liners or grease with coconut oil and fill 2/3 full with batter.
7. Bake 20 min. Cool 5 min in pan, then on wire rack.
* I have used paper liners for this recipe and results were not great. Ended up eating a bit of paper with each muffin as they STICK to the paper like glue! Silicone liners = best results :)